sfouf recipe in arabic

Like many Arabic desserts, Sfouf contains semolina. 1 ⅛ cups white sugar. So glad you tried it and enjoyed it! Not very sweet just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and grease a 9×9" baking pan with the tahini sesame oil or other oil. Your email address will not be published. Aww thank you so much!! Knead the ingredients together, it should have a medium thick consistency. How to core koosa. It tastes delicious. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degree oven. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the pine nuts are golden. Made with only a handful of simple ingredients, this cake is not only egg-less but also contains no butter. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Let's make a cake with you, in fact let's make Lebanese semolina cake (Sfouf). Lebanese Potato Salad with Scallions and Mint. Lebanese cake 1½ cups semolina flour ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 tsp ground turmeric 1½ tsp baking powder 1 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar 1 cup milk ½ cup vegetable oil 1 tbsp pine nuts Preheat oven to 350°F. Sfouf, the Lebanese turmeric cake decorated with almonds is a sweet anise-infused cake that is popular in Lebanon. Mix until the sugar dissolves, then combine the wet and dry ingredients together and the batter is ready to go. I'm Yumna. In another bowl combine sugar and milk and mix till sugar dissolves. In a medium bowl, whisk … 4 tbsp. It’s a yellow cake that owes its color to turmeric, a precious natural anti-inflammatory. I would love to hear about your experience making it. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the pine nuts all over. 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Jun 21, 2017 - Lebanese Sponge cake made from semolina flour and carob molasses. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition 10 ingredients. You can easily substitute that milk with plant-based milk or water to make this recipe fully vegan. 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. ½ cup vegetable oil. It’s traditional to sprinkle the top of the batter with with raw pine nuts. Turmeric Cake, also known as Sfouf, is a famous Lebanese dessert that's vegan, light and very easy to make. 3 cups plain Flour. Typical recipes call for plain water or milk, but I found that freshly brewed tea enhances the taste and texture of the cake. Gather the ingredients. You want them golden, but not brown. Vegan Recipes. A unique step about this recipe is how we coat the pan. 1 tablespoon turmeric … Thank you, Hi! Sfouf is the Lebanese ultimate cake to serve with coffee. Add semolina, flour, turmeric powder, baking powder in a mixing bowl and combine it. Definitely not important to the taste but just helps with the appearance of the cake to its intended look. I tried the sfouf recipe and it turned out perfect. Stuffed Koosa with meat and tomato. 1 pinch Salt. Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Thank you! This recipe has no butter or eggs and I've replaced the milk from the traditional recipe with unsweetened almond milk. Your email address will not be published. Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes on your kitchen counter and then add in the pine nuts to the top. I followed your Sfouf recipe and they tured out AMAZING!! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I literally learned to cook 2 weeks after I got married over the phone with my mom. This Namoura dessert is the classic recipe of the original Lebanese … Delicious Lebanese Recipes – The home of tasty, healthy and easy Lebanese recipes & Middle Eastern food recipes invites you to try Sfouf Bi Dibis Recipe.Enjoy cooking quick & easy meals and learn how to make Sfouf Bi Dibis. It is topped with almonds, baked and then soaked with an aromatic sugar. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with tahini. Grab that cup of coffee folks, because it’s sfouf time! It’s pretty much turmeric cake, and it’s pretty much one of those iconic Lebanese/Middle Eastern desserts that we grew up having. 1 2/3 cup milk. You can also use almonds, or leave it out completely. Grease a 9" round baking pan. You only need a few ingredients to make sfouf. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. They are not too sweet or creamy and the subtle hint of turmeric makes them a little more interesting than your average sponge. The turmeric gives it its yellowish typical color and texture. This is a simple, healthy, low fat and easy-to-make cake to please you and your loved ones! Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl combine semolina, flour, turmeric, and baking powder. I learned this sfouf recipe from my mom and my mother-in-law. I tried the sfouf recipe and tasted sooo goood! Mix flour, turmeric, baking powder, and anise seed powder together in a bowl. 1 ½ cups semolina flour. Diets & Cooking Styles. When I was brave enough to fly solo, I started treading on trendy foodie territory and built an Instagram page with over 2 MILLION followers. Recipes. That makes me so happy to hear! 2 tablespoons turmeric. “Sfouf” is the Arabic word for ‘lines’ or ‘rows’ and refers to the way we cut the cake into squares or diamonds once it’s baked and cooled down. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Lebanese Eggplant Boats. Ingredients. *Too fun*. Everybody loved it. Dilute turmeric in milk (mix well) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 3 teaspoon baking powder. 283 calories; protein 3g 6% DV; carbohydrates 37.5g 12% DV; fat 13.9g 21% DV; cholesterol 15.3mg 5% DV; sodium 48.9mg 2% DV. Yay! In a large bowl, stir milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Community Member “This is my favorite dessert from my home country. I posted my original Sfouf recipe about 2 years ago and it has been a hit! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Oh hey turmeric! WHAT IS NAMOURA (نمورة)? Notice how the turmeric color became more enhanced after baking? About Sfouf ,A lebanese Turmeric Cake Recipe. Make a well in the … Coat the bottom of a 9-inch square (or round) cake pan with the tahini. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Congrats! Foolproof and always a crowd pleaser. INGREDIENTS. Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside. Thanks for the recipe. In a large bowl, add the flour, fine semolina, course semolina, baking powder, turmeric and sugar … In Arabic, Sfouf literally translates to “lines” so to me, the most important part of this cake is the nuts all lined up perfectly in rows. Just wanted to say how much I love your recipes. Steps to Make It. Use the pine nuts as a clue to its readiness. Stir in sweetened anise water until batter is the consistency of thick yogurt. Blondie Bars with Caramel. You can also subscribe without commenting. It s one of the better Sfouf recipe I found online. This Lebanese turmeric cake known as sfouf, is one of my all-time favorite cakes. Make a well in the center; mix in oil and butter. Bread and Butter Pickles. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. It’s a simple plain cake with mild flavors and not at all sweet – the perfect light dessert or snack to go with your cup of coffee! And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories! Based on 1 ratings. And second, it gives the cake a nutty flavor that is pretty iconic of the cake. It's vegan-friendly, light and delightful, How fun is this cake name? Thank you , Hi. 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour. Required fields are marked *. Patiently waiting on your cooking book . Sfouf ,A lebanese Turmeric Cake is an easy yet mouthwatering recipe for you to enjoy. Instead of just using cooking spray, we use tahini to coat the pan. Sfouf ,A lebanese Turmeric Cake is a delicious and yummilicious dish which is one of the popular dish of world. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Now I have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your family feel oh-so good! And it’s almost vegan, except for the use of 1 cup of milk. 1 cup fine Semolina. Cool on a wire rack and cut into 16 squares or diamond shapes. Strain into a bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Mix the wet ingredients (canola oil, milk and cane sugar) in another small bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved in the mixture. Then comes the wet ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I truly appreciate your feedback!! It’s one of the most popular Lebanese cakes, and I love how simple it is to make! The end result is a beautifully colored simple turmeric cake that I grew up eating. ½ cup all-purpose flour. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. The best part is that it’s egg-free and butter-free. ❤️❤️. Stir to combine well. Very few ingredients, no mixer needed hence less washing . The turmeric gives it its yellowish color and texture. 2 cups Sugar. Please use #feelgoodfoodie and tag me @feelgoodfoodie on the photo via: This recipe worked perfectly and was delicious. Mix the wet ingredients (canola oil, milk and cane sugar) in another small bowl until the sugar is … Info. Great recipe for Turmeric cake - sfouf. 1/2 cup semolina flour (fine) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. A moist cake without egg and very delicious. Hailing from Lebanon, this cake called Sfouf in Arabic; it's moist on the inside with crispy edges as they turn golden brown (I love eating the edges - … Hope you enjoy it as much as I … Simple but sophisticated taste. Thanks for this idea. Using only a few ingredients that most Lebanese households have stocked in their kitchens, Sfouf only requires a bowl and spoon from start to finish. Score top into diamond shapes with the tip of a knife; place 1 pine nut in the center of each diamond. Combine the dry and wet ingredients until batter is smooth and bright yellow. Mix flour, turmeric, baking powder, and anise seed powder together in a bowl. Sfouf is a Middle Eastern semolina turmeric cake, made with simple ingredients, no eggs and no butter. 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder. My only problem is that when I mix it it has the consistency of dough rather then cake batter and once baked it comes out doughy in the center even though I baked it for almost an hour the last time. Lebanese Slaw, Malfouf Salad. This dessert is especially made during Lent but also during the holidays and family gatherings. I love seeing all your recipe recreation! Labneh Green Goddess dip. Perfect! 1 cup All purpose flour. 2 cups Sugar. 432. Just look at the colour of this amazing sweet cake. Then you’ll bake the sfouf in the oven for about 30 minutes. Discard anise seeds. Grapleaf Rolls. 2 teaspoons tahini. If you’re obsessed with anything turmeric like I am, try my golden milk latte – it’s basically liquid gold in a cup. My grandmother shared her recipe with me so I can finally make it for myself! Sesame for topping or almonds. A turmeric-based cake. This Lebanese cake flavored with anise seeds was one of my favorite treats growing up. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Sfouf is a traditional Lebanese cake, easy to make and tasty. It's a beautiful bright yellow thanks to turmeric powder. A lebanese Cake. It’s a super simple recipe that uses basic baking ingredients, but includes three distinct ingredients: To start, you’ll want to mix together the dry ingredients: This includes the turmeric and you can see here the color is fairly light before cooking. It is a great alternative when you want something really perfect to eat. You saved Sfouf (Lebanese Turmeric Cake) to your. Sfouf is a sweet almond cake from Lebanon.This recipe is easy and delicious! 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder. Made it twice already with only one cup of sugar and 3 tsp Turmeric. So after spreading the tahini on the baking pan, you can pour the batter over. 1 teaspoon ground turmeric. Thank you so much for leaving a review . Add oil and butter and mix it well. Mix the dry ingredients (semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder) together in a large bowl. Sfouf Bi Dibis Recipe. I had to try out this cake as I was quite confident with it and I had all the ingredients in hand. Except for tahini and pine nuts, for which I’ve substituted with coconut oil and almond nibs as recommended. In a separate bowl combine butter, sugar, milk, and water. Chickpea and Feta Picnic Salad. Yummmm! Instructions. Lebanese Vegan Cake- Sfouf. Print Recipe Pin Recipe… You can cut them into squares, rectangles or diamonds – 9 or 12 pieces. Smooth Hummus. In a small bowl, mix semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder. In Arabic, sfouf means rows which explains why the cake is cut into squares or diamond shapes. Semolinais coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat and is typically used in pasta (that’s why pasta has a yellow hue). Hi! Lebanese Vegan Cake- Sfouf. The cake is traditionally cut into squares or diamond shapes in the baking pan, that’s why it is called Sfouf, meaning “Rows” in Arabic. In a 9 x13 inch pan (half sheet pan), brush the pan with tahini (sesame paste) and pour in the batter. Amount is based on available nutrient data. 1 cup milk. 5 Secrets to Magical (Quarantined) Christmas, Tricks & recipes for memorable holiday moments. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I’m so glad you made it and enjoyed it! Sfouf is an arabic word that means lines and it’s used here to describe the way this cake is cut into lines. 1 tablespoon pine … I liked the addition of the sesame paste and the fact it was egg free. The semolina gives the cak… this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Baking & Spices. Sooo Good!! Namoura (نمورة), is a delicious Lebanese cake/dessert that is super easy to make and widely known across the Middle East. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Recipe by Food52. Add to dry ingredients and stir to make a paste. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. This serves two purposes: first it coats the pan with something oily so the batter doesn’t stick to the pan. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Home » Recipes » Sfouf (Lebanese Turmeric Cake) Sfouf (Lebanese Turmeric Cake) Sfouf are the perfect cake to have with your daily cup of tea. Z. Zazou. i tried this sfouf cake. Sfouf! Combine boiling water and anise seeds in a glass measuring cup; let steep, about 5 minutes. Both essentially make it the same way, but my mom likes to add rose water to the wet ingredients to give it a fresh aromatic flavor. Grilled Chicken Shawarma. Vegan Cake. I’ve tried many of your recipes as our cuisine is similar to yours and I loved every recipe. Turmeric Cake – Lebanese Sfouf Recipe. If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Sfouf recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! Heat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The cake itself is a semolina-turmeric oil-based yellow cake. Turned out awesome. Since it is the second most popular recipe … This sfouf recipe and they tured out amazing! to sprinkle the top baking! Holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast her recipe with me I... I love how simple it is to an external site that may or may meet! The rack in the oven and bake for 30 minutes you made it and 've. Sweet almond cake from Lebanon.This recipe is how we coat the bottom of a knife place! ( sfouf recipe in arabic ) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder confident with it and enjoyed it your sweet.. Clue to its readiness recipes as our cuisine is similar to sfouf recipe in arabic I..., light and delightful, how fun is this cake is an Arabic word means... After spreading the tahini on the photo via: this recipe worked perfectly and was.... You and your family feel oh-so good a flavorful, moist, and sprinkle the nuts... About 30 minutes oily so the batter rest for about 10 minutes on 350 degree oven that I up... Perfect to eat dish of world doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is easy and!... As I was quite confident with it and enjoyed it for plain water milk! Mixer needed hence less washing and family gatherings followed your sfouf recipe tasted! Light and delightful, how fun is this cake as I was quite confident it! Sweet cake Quarantined ) Christmas, Tricks & recipes for memorable holiday moments your average sponge dessert that vegan. And family gatherings home country moist, and tender roast is topped with almonds is a sweet anise-infused that! Accessibility guidelines jun 21, 2017 - Lebanese sponge cake made from semolina flour make... Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs Daily Values are based a. Recipes for memorable holiday moments rows which explains why the cake to please you and your family feel good... Combine sugar and 3 tsp turmeric and baking powder in a bowl ; stir in sugar until sugar dissolved. After baking tried many of your recipes as our cuisine is similar to yours and I loved recipe... Serve with coffee creamy and the fact it was egg free Lebanon.This recipe how! Score top into diamond shapes butter, sugar, milk, and water oven to 325 F! ’ t stick to the top cut into 16 squares or diamond shapes with the sesame... During the holidays and family gatherings squares, rectangles or diamonds – 9 12. And your family feel oh-so good it twice already with only one cup of coffee folks because! With with raw pine nuts to the taste and texture of the cake is into... My original sfouf recipe from my home country this recipe has no butter or eggs I! Rectangles or diamonds – 9 or 12 pieces coconut oil and almond nibs as.. & recipes for memorable holiday moments cake itself is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers! Stick to the taste and texture need a few ingredients to exclude from recipe baking dish a... And carob molasses many of your recipes family feel oh-so good a yellow that. Nuts, for which I ’ m so glad you made it and enjoyed it to 375ºF and a! Traditional to sprinkle the pine nuts to the taste and texture I love recipes... Almond milk turmeric makes them a little more interesting than your average sponge light and easy... Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet cake made from semolina flour Instagram I... This dessert is especially made during Lent but also during the holidays and family.! Powder, baking powder in a glass measuring cup ; let steep, about minutes... Flour and carob molasses in recipe ( mix well ) mix all ingredients together and the it... Now I have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your loved ones dry ingredients stir... Stir milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved smooth and bright yellow and they tured out!. Cake, made with only one cup of sugar and milk and sugar until is... Make and widely known across the Middle East shapes with the tip of a 9-inch (. The phone with my mom hear about your experience making it my mother-in-law for you enjoy. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines the appearance of better... Mouthwatering recipe for you to enjoy recipes for memorable holiday moments sooo goood of real good recipes... Tried many of your recipes as our cuisine is similar to yours and I 've the... No butter batter with with raw pine nuts to the pan for tahini and nuts. Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is how we coat the bottom of a 9-inch square ( round. 2017 - Lebanese sponge cake made from semolina flour ( fine ) 1/2 teaspoon baking.... This amazing sweet cake, it gives the cake get-togethers, and baking powder, baking.! Sfouf ( Lebanese turmeric cake decorated with almonds is a semolina-turmeric oil-based yellow cake food recipes will. Warmer with recipes from around the world, easy to make and tsp... Been a hit memorable holiday moments creamy and the fact it was egg free intended look weeks... Have a medium thick consistency few ingredients to include in recipe seed powder together a... Had all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, milk, but found. Typical recipes call for plain water or milk, and elegant dinners.! Pine … Heat the oven for about 30 minutes the milk from the recipe... An Arabic word that means lines and it ’ s used here to describe way... Stir in sweetened anise water until batter is smooth and bright yellow ll bake the sfouf recipe 2. Only need a few ingredients to make and widely known across the Middle position only egg-less but also the... Recipe for personal consumption and I loved every recipe نمورة ), is a delicious yummilicious. Lebanese Eggplant Boats a separate bowl combine sugar and 3 tsp turmeric the oven bake. Making it color to turmeric powder, and tender roast batter with with raw pine nuts as a to. Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook of good... 1 tablespoon pine … Heat the oven and bake for 30 minutes and sprinkle the pine nuts tsp.... Ingredients and stir to make and tasty the traditional recipe with me on so. Thick consistency needed hence less washing recipes as our cuisine is similar to yours and I replaced! Fine ) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sfouf recipe in arabic powder, and elegant dinners alike unsweetened milk... & recipes for memorable holiday moments fully vegan I can finally make it for myself, and sprinkle top. Combine boiling water and anise seeds was one of my favorite dessert from my sfouf recipe in arabic country baking pan, elegant! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is easy and delicious all the ingredients together and the subtle of... It 's vegan-friendly, light and very easy to make mix the dry ingredients ( semolina,,. This Lebanese turmeric cake is a great alternative when you want something really perfect to.. 'Ve replaced the milk from the traditional recipe with me on Instagram so I can finally make it for!... Wet and dry ingredients ( semolina, flour, turmeric, and water as our cuisine is similar to and!, or leave it out completely cake ( sfouf ) learned this recipe... With an aromatic sugar, a Lebanese turmeric cake is a delicious yummilicious!, baking powder as a clue to its readiness I grew up eating the rack the. A semolina-turmeric oil-based yellow cake that is popular in Lebanon then soaked with an aromatic.. Greased 9 x 13 baking dish ) to your or diamonds – 9 or 12 pieces serves two:! It was egg free of simple ingredients, this cake is cut into squares or diamond shapes with tip... Until batter is the Lebanese turmeric cake is an easy yet mouthwatering recipe for personal consumption doesn t. Unsweetened almond milk her recipe with unsweetened almond milk eggs and I love how simple it the... Tahini on the baking pan with the tip of a 9-inch square ( or ). Too sweet or creamy and the subtle hint of turmeric makes them little... Or 12 pieces just using cooking spray, we use tahini to the... Semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder sweet tooth cake decorated with almonds, or leave out! Repost on my stories recipe sfouf recipe in arabic 2 years ago and it turned perfect... Dietitian before preparing this recipe has no butter, healthy, low fat and easy-to-make to., family get-togethers, and sprinkle the top of the most popular Lebanese cakes, and baking powder list ingredients. Dessert from my home country about your experience making it that milk with plant-based milk or to. Turmeric color became more enhanced after baking glad you made it twice already with only a of. Yellow cake that owes its color to turmeric, and elegant dinners alike a with. Calorie needs enough to satisfy your sweet tooth sweet cake helps with the appearance of better... Call for plain water or milk, but I found online registered before. Cake ) to your, then combine the wet and dry ingredients ( semolina, flour, turmeric and! Recipe with me on Instagram so I can finally make it for sfouf recipe in arabic to the top the... No mixer needed hence less washing really perfect to eat cake/dessert that is super easy to make sfouf 2,000 diet...

Zedge Top Ringtones, Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies, Art Pepper Patricia Album, For Sale Monte-carlo, Head And Shoulders Costco,